Is your Insta account on point? Is your Twitter or TikTok game strong? Or is writing your forte?
If so, we want to hear from you.
SOAS is once again looking to recruit students – undergraduate AND postgraduate – to become *paid* digital content producers across a range of channels, including Instagram, Twitter, and the SOAS Blog.
Students are the beating heart of SOAS, and we want to amplify your voices and talents through our digital platforms – especially at a time when digital content is consumed more than ever.
Successful applicants will be creating content for social channels that have a significant reach and high engagement. Our followers are members of the SOAS community, prospective students, journalists and media organisations, politicians, NGOs, and policy-makers – all of whom would hear what you have to say.
Why become a SOAS Digital Ambassador?
As a SOAS Digital Ambassador, your content will be seen by SOAS’ followers across the globe. You will take an active role in defining and communicating the SOAS voice to the world.
You will also receive the following benefits:
- Access to high-profile events both at SOAS and across London/the UK;
- Occasional concert/gig/events tickets – where relevant to the role;
- A range of opportunities to meet like-minded people and develop social and professional networking skills;
- Valuable work experience that will help make your CV stand out;
- A range of transferable skills including communication, organisation and time management skills, confidence, and the ability to multitask;
- Professional references for future employment.
Successful applicants will be contracted for 10 hours per month. Working hours are flexible. Pay is £10.94 per hour.
How to apply
Show us what you can do – we want you to produce a max 1-2 minute vlog/story on a topic of your choosing; or write a 400-600 word commentary piece to be published on the SOAS Blog*.
- Be creative, passionate, engaging. Your submission can be about a typical day at SOAS, coverage of an event, vox pops with fellow students on something happening in the media – whatever you want, just catch our interest.
- Send your submission to Aman at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday 2 November 2020 to be eligible for the scheme.
*Your submission may be used on SOAS’ social media platforms. You will be notified before this takes place.